Friday, November 6, 2009

down to the wire

'Getting down to the wire' as people say...my semester and school career are 'getting down to the wire', sort of. I have about 5 weeks left of this semester! YIKES! And am registered for next semester and applied for GRADUATION!!! AAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!

It makes me nervous that in May, after I have my Diploma and pass the State Boards, I will be a Registered Nurse! I will be legally allowed to take care of and administer medical attention to people! Give them IV medication, teach them how to live a healthier life, be there for a mommy who just had her first baby and doesn't know what to do with herself, be there with the family when a loved one has passed on. All of these things propel me further into pursuing my dream of being a Nurse...all of these things frighten me in pursuing my dream of being a Nurse.

I know God has opened the doors and brought me this far for a reason, so I will honor His will by doing my best, especially when it 'gets down to the wire' in May! But I'm still nervous! :)

Yesterday I had the opportunity to help with the care of a patient who had both legs amputated mid thigh. It was surreal to see a person with a fully functioning upper body, but nothing past the mid thigh. The patient had a VERY positive attitude and motivation for life. Something I would not expect from someone who does not have the use of their legs, or legs at all for that matter. This positive attitude was encouraging. It just made me stop and think about how THANKFUL and BLESSED we should be to have our health. Sure we have problems along the way, but at least I haven't had to give up any limbs and massively adjust my way of living!

No comments:

Post a Comment